Adrian & Blissfield Railroad (A&B) has been a vital transportation link for Southeast Michigan for over 30 years. It operates on 20 miles of track, running between Adrian and Blissfield, connecting the two cities and serving customers in between. The company provides an essential service for businesses, moving products such as agricultural goods, chemicals, and plastics.
A&B has been working on several projects to improve its services, including upgrading its locomotives, expanding its track, and investing in new technology. With these improvements, A&B has been able to offer faster and more efficient transportation, enabling businesses to save time and money.
In addition to its freight services, A&B also operates a passenger train, providing a unique and nostalgic experience for travelers. The train, called the Old Road Dinner Train, offers fine dining, wine, and entertainment as it travels along the same tracks that were once used by the Michigan Central Railroad.
Here are some interesting facts about Adrian & Blissfield Railroad:
- The company was founded in 1988 and is privately owned.
- A&B operates on tracks that were once owned by the Michigan Central Railroad.
- The Old Road Dinner Train has been operating for over 20 years and is a popular tourist attraction in the area.
- A&B provides essential transportation services for businesses in Southeast Michigan.
- The company has been investing in new technology and upgrading its locomotives to offer faster and more efficient services.
- The Old Road Dinner Train provides a unique and memorable experience for travelers.
A&B plays an important role in the economic development of Southeast Michigan by providing a reliable and cost-effective transportation option for businesses in the area. With its commitment to innovation and customer service, A&B is poised to continue serving the region for many years to come.